19 desember 2011

Elvar Ørn Kjartansson

(EN) I am an Icelandic freelance photographer and filmmaker and have been living in Norway for the past eight years. I have previously worked for the  Norwegian Polar Institute in Ny-Ålesund, Svalbard, where I photographed and filmed the scientists in the field. This will be my second journey to Antarctica and to the Fimbul Ice-shelf. Like last year I will be a field assistant and photographer. As well as the hard labor as a field assistant I will try capture the story of the journey through the lens of my camera. With last year experience under my belt I´m looking forward to all the great photographic opportunities and meeting all the challenges that the Ice-shelf has to offer this time. Without a Journey spiced up with great challenges there would be no story to be told.

(NO) Jeg er en islandsk frilandsfotograf og filmprodusent, og har bodd i Norge de siste åtte åra. Tidligere har jeg jobba for Norsk Polarinstitutt i Ny-Ålesund, Svalbard, hvor jeg fotograferte og filma forskere i felt. Dette vil bli den andre turen min til Antarktis og isbremmen på Fimbul.

Slik som i fjor kommer jeg til å jobbe som feltassistent og fotograf. I tillegg til å utføre det tunge arbeidet som feltassistent, vil jeg fange ekspedisjonens opplevelser gjennom kameralinsa. Med siste års erfaring i bagasjen gleder jeg meg til alle de fantastiske mulighetene for fotografering, og å møte alle utfordringene isbremmen har å by på denne gang. Uten en reise krydret med utfordringer, blir det ingen historie å fortelle.

 

Place / Sted

Cape Town

Time / Tid

19. Dec 2011 kl. 18:00

Weather / Vær

Clear sky / Klar himmel

Pressure / Trykk (hPa)

1013.9

Wind speed / vindhastighet (m/s)

1.7 (mean) / 2.5 (max)

Wind direction / Vindretning

South east / sørvest

Temperature / Temperatur (°C)

+24.2 (measured) / +24.2 (wind chill /effective)

 

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar